Advertisements are everywhere – in washrooms, at gas pumps, in cinemas, in the bus or on the bus. It is almost impossible to avoid. But can you remember at least 5 advertisements out of the thousands you must have seen today? No? Although advertisements are everywhere, not all of them succeed in grabbing the viewer’s attention. Most companies try to achieve this by creating creative ambient advertisements.
Ambient advertising includes placing ads in unusual places or on unusual items where you would normally not see an ad. It’s not necessary that an ambient ad should be placed outside. It can be placed anywhere! An ambient ad aims to become a part of the environment and draw the observer’s attention. The point is to get people’s attention and make them think.
For a successful ambient ad campaign, it is necessary for the company to choose the best media format and combine it with an effective message. Creative ambient advertisements make people think about a particular item or place differently.
Here is a series of cool and creative ambient advertisements that may entertain or shock you.
12 Cool and Creative Ambient Advertisements
1. Air pollution kills 60,000 people a year – NRDC.org
2. 3D crocodile escalator – National Geographic
3. Laundromat – Pepto-Bismol
Advertising Agency: Publicis, USA
4. Horror Buckets – Motor City Nightmares
Advertising Agency: Y&R, USA
5. Hanging – Sparring Partner Gym
Advertising Agency: Leo Burnett, Italy
6. Smart ideas for smarter cities – IBM
Advertising Agency: Ogilvy & Mather, France
7. Roachville – Doom Fogger
Advertising Agency: TBWA\Hunt\Lascaris
8. Waterslide escape – Carnival Cruiselines
Advertising Agency: Arnold Worldwide, USA
9. Don’t forget – Colgate
Advertising Agency: Y&R, Thailand
10. Come a little closer – Funeral Services Bergmann & Sohn
11. Get them off your dog – Frontline
Advertising Agency: Saatchi & Saatchi, Indonesia
12. Looks fast. Even in park – Mercedes-Benz 2012 C-350 Coupe
Advertising Agency: BBDO, Toronto